We’ve been hearing a lot about social distancing lately. And that’s good! It helps keep us safe and healthy, and supports our efforts in flattening the curve.
Let’s remember that social distancing is about physical distance – not emotional. We may not be going on our usual adventures, hugging are close ones, or sharing some delicious fries at the moment, but that doesn’t mean we have to lose our connections. It can be harder to keep up with friendships and relationships when you can’t see someone as regularly as normal, but there are plenty of ways to do it!
We’re here to remind you how you can stay close to your friends, fam, and loved ones while being in separate places.
All your social media exists to help you communicate. Use it! Also, it may be a fun time to try some vintage communication.
- Texts and phone calls
- SnapChat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok
- Skype, Google Hangouts, Facetime, Zoom
- Write a letter or a postcard!
- Keep your game nights going online
- Have a movie night with Netflix Party
- Mobile and browser games with friends
- Beginner-friendly video games
- Try out some art projects and share with your friends or post on your social media!
- Some creative prompts
- Draw online – on your own, with friends, or with everyone
Keep us posted