Join our Tubman team
Clinical Operations & Intern/Volunteer Program Coordinator
CLINICAL OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES – 50%
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Clinical Director.
- Assist Clinical Director in monitoring staff performance in order to achieve clinical goals and expectations, including: productivity rates, client no show and cancellation rates, and meeting administrative expectations.
- Coordinate recruitment, interviews, and on-boarding efforts for both paid and unpaid (interns) staff within clinical services.
- Ensure staff are properly oriented and are aware of the performance expectations of their position, their credentials, and their licensing level.
- Provide new hire and ongoing training in clinical billing systems and electronic medical records.
- Monitor accuracy of staff data entry and develop a feedback and verification process to communicate errors and other issues to the appropriate staff so that they are able to take corrective action.
- Working with the communications team, coordinate outreach and marketing efforts to increase awareness of clinical programs and services.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Director, coordinate quality assurance and quality improvement programs.
- Serve as point of contact for third-party billing and program vendors.
- Communicate and work closely with the Finance Department and other staff positions that interact and/or assist with service billing and payment.
INTERN & VOLUNTEER PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES – 50%
- Promptly respond to inquiries from potential volunteers and interns. This includes phone screenings and face-to-face interviews to ensure meaningful work for volunteers/interns while considering the best match between the needs of the agency with the skills, qualifications and interests of each applicant.
- Communicate and coordinate with various departments and staff to continually assess the agency-wide needs for volunteers/interns in order to enhance program/service delivery.
- Assist in developing and implementing creative and effective strategies to recruit volunteers/interns with the skills and attributes needed to carry out Tubman’s mission.
- Champion Tubman’s commitment to an inclusive and diverse intern/volunteer group that reflects our communities and those we serve.
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating the 18-hour Orientation and Training Series for volunteers/interns (3 times per year; evenings/weekends required).
- Assist in planning and coordinating recognition and appreciation activities.
- Ensure that each volunteer/intern file is complete and accurate, including background checks, references, paperwork and data entry.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in medical billing, intern/volunteer coordinating, human services, project coordination, or a related field.
- Education: Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner.
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity, with demonstrated experience working with diverse communities.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills, including the ability to set priorities, manage time effectively, track details, assess problems, and generate solutions.
- Proven track record of effective cross-function collaboration.
- Knowledge of billing requirements (with current knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, commercial and managed care insurance issues and regulations preferred).
- Experience in facilitation and training with small and large groups.
- Computer skills with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, electronic medical records, and database experience.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications and is accompanied by a quality benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Preference will be given to resumes received by Friday, October 18th, 2019.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About us: Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply "Keep going." Each year, Tubman offers safety, hope, and healing to nearly 25,000 people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community, Tubman provides countless ways to help. To learn more, please visit www.tubman.org