Join our Tubman team
Data & Reporting Specialist
This position is the first point of contact for program and partner staff who work within Tubman’s client database system with questions about or problems with the use of the internal agency database, ClientTrack.
Why work for Tubman?
Tubman’s vision represents the future we want for our clients and the wider community: thriving people, healthy relationships, and peaceful communities. Our mission is to advance opportunities for change so that every person can experience safety, hope, and healing. These key strategic directions guide our work:
- Provide streamlined access to exceptional, relevant services
- Engage the community to take action
- Invigorate organizational culture to sustain innovation, engagement, wellbeing, and diversity
- Strengthen the agency’s infrastructure in order to better serve
Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply "Keep going." Each year, Tubman offers safety, healing and hope to nearly 25,000 people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience, and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community, Tubman provides countless ways to help.
Tubman offers a mission centered culture that values integrity, respect, innovation, partnership, and social justice. Our programs are strength-based, client-centered, and rooted in hope. Our work environment focuses on flexibility, wellbeing, and work-life balance for all employees.
Tubman’s Commitment to Diversity and Equity
Tubman is an affirming workplace that values people’s identities and multiple dimensions of diversity. We are fiercely committed to equity and inclusion. Tubman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to hire a diverse workforce that reflects the people we serve. Tubman believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion amongst our staff are vital to both Tubman’s and our clients’ success. We strive to hire, develop, and retain the best people from a diverse pool of candidates. Black, Indigenous, and people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all gender identities, people with disabilities, and veterans are all encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties of the Data & Reporting Specialist
- Develops and coordinates information systems to facilitate comprehensive and accurate reporting.
- Understands departmental needs with respect to processes, procedures and deadlines, and assures data collection aligns with department workflows.
- Extract and analyze data from databases for reporting, applying contextual knowledge and research to ensure appropriate interpretations of results.
- Synthesize information from multiple sources in drafting reports.
- Train and support program and leadership staff in using all aspects of client data systems, including data entry procedures, standards, quality, and general/specialized reporting.
- Performs necessary database maintenance to ensure the overall health of client databases.
- Assures data quality and integrity, regularly verifies date for quality and completeness.
- When data quality objectives are not met, works with staff to reconcile data and ensures database updates are completed.
- Works with program staff and MACC Client Data Services team on database design for new agency programs, services, and client outcomes.
- Runs regular reports to update agency leaders on progress on grant goals, noting significant differences between proposed and actual results, and to assist in identifying client and program trends.
- Develop, review, and maintain policies and procedures related to database usage, security and confidentiality issues and operation of database.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- 2 years experience in relational database environments.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 4 years of data management and reporting experience.
- Ability to travel within the metro area.
Compensation & Benefits
The starting salary for the position is $23.50 per hours dependent upon experience. Tubman provides a quality benefits package that includes a highly competitive paid-time off program, multiple health plan options, employer paid dental, short and long-term disability and life insurances, as well as other optional health and wellness insurances to meet diverse employee needs, and a 401(k) plan. Tubman is a qualified employer under the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program. In addition, you will have multiple professional development and personal growth opportunities while at Tubman.
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com. Or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109.