Join our Tubman team
Tubman is seeking an experienced full-time advocate to provide criminal and civil court advocacy services in Washington County. Primary responsibilities include ensuring that victims of domestic violence and stalking receive exceptional advocacy and support throughout their criminal and civil court case; safety planning; preparing jail calendar by initiating contact with the victim, requesting police reports, and drafting Domestic Abuse No Contact Orders; accompanying victims to hearings; drafting Orders for Protection; connecting clients to additional resources at Tubman or in the community; providing information and support to helpline callers; working in partnership with law enforcement, prosecutors, and court personnel; accurate and timely data entry; and contributing to successful program and agency outcomes. This is a non-attorney position.
- Experience working with victim-survivors of violence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal and/or professional experience with people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and multidisciplinary community partners.
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English and a second language commonly used in the Twin Cities Metro;
- Understanding of complex trauma.
- Experience managing crisis situations and effective de-escalation skills.
- Experience drafting Orders for Protection is a plus, but not required.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications and is accompanied by a quality benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com. Or: Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
The position will be open until filled. Preference will be given to resumes received by July 22nd, 2019.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans, and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.