Join our Tubman team
Tubman is seeking On Call Advocates to serve in our Harriet Tubman Shelters in Minneapolis, Maplewood, and Safe Journeys Youth shelters. Weekly schedule in all shelters vary and can include days, afternoons, evenings, and overnights, on both weekdays and weekends.
Promote safety of youth and families through administration of crisis support services, security maintenance, early intervention and prevention.
Provide on-going individualized, intensive, and supportive care to youth and families through meetings and groups. Promote youth and family healing through creation of positive environment, provision of comprehensive activities to support goals, and childcare (including at our Chrysalis location). Promote trusting relationships with clients, with adherence to professional boundaries. Maintain relevant and integrated support plans for youth and families.
On call advocates are expected to work no less than 8 hours per month and no more than 29 hours per week. As an on call advocate you are expected to attend quarterly on-call meetings and are strongly encouraged to attend bi-weekly case consultations, bi-monthly full-staff meetings, and other department meetings that may occur on occasion.
· Degree in related field or equivalent experience
· Two years direct service experience related to violence, including sexual assault and exploitation
· Ability to engage diverse youth, parents, and families in activities that promote healthy relationships and goal attainment
· Ability to foster a culturally inclusive environment
· Direct experience working with domestic violence victims and families.
· Understanding of teamwork and the ability to apply teamwork with the agency.
· Experience in implementing interventions to support complex trauma.
· Experience in dealing with crisis situations and violent behaviors.
· Ability to speak more than one language.
Position starts at $16.00/hour, $17.00/hr for overnight shifts.
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter by to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.