Join our Tubman team
Tubman is seeking an experienced Mental Health Therapist to work at our Harriet Tubman Shelter in Maplewood. The Mental Health Therapist will provide individual and group therapy to adults and youth seeking counseling services. Weekly schedule is 20 hours per week, Tuesday 5-9 PM, Wednesday 10 AM-2 PM, Thursday 5-9 PM, Friday 3-7 PM, Saturday 10 AM-2 PM. Schedule is subject to change based on client need. May require additional evening and some weekend hours.
- Provide supportive care to youth and families living in our shelter. Promotes youth and family healing through creation of a safe, positive environment. Promotes trusting relationships with clients, with adherence to professional boundaries.
- Promote safety, hope, and healing of youth and families through development of treatment plans, participation in weekly case consultation meetings, providing crisis intervention, and administrative follow-up.
- Other responsibilities include: data entry, administrative tasks, and other duties as assigned.
- Tubman provides ample opportunity for professional growth and has an excellent benefit package, with salary dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Licensed or licensed eligible at a master’s level in Social Work, Psychology or Marriage and Family therapy
- 2-3 years experience providing therapy services
- Experience working with victims of domestic violence or other forms of trauma
- Demonstrates a commitment to high professional and ethical standards, service with a diverse workforce
- Ability to work independently and with an advocacy team
- Excellent computer proficiency and communication skills
- 5 or more years experience providing therapy services
- Experience in supervising interns
TO APPLY: Send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or Tubman Human Resources, 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.