Join our Tubman team
Peer Recovery Specialist
Tubman is seeking a Peer Recovery Specialist, PART TIME POSITION to work in its Co-Occurring Disorders Program. Evening and day hours of work required.
Provide a range of Peer Recovery Services for women in our Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment Program for women with mental illness and chemical dependency. Responsibilities include attending groups, providing individual peer recovery services, planning and case management, providing peer support for recovery including participating in support meetings, “walk in” support services, accessing and finding community resources, phone or individual recovery coaching, aftercare support. Work on a multi-disciplinary team of chemical and mental health professionals in a licensed Substance Use Disorder Treatment program, and participate as a member of our integrated mental health and chemical health Clinical Division. Assist with program planning, outreach and interagency collaborations.
Tubman provides ample opportunity for professional growth and has a good benefit package, with salary dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Minimum 12 months (one year) in recovery from substance use disorder
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- Personal experience in substance use recovery REQUIRED
- Certified Peer Recovery Specialist or willing to obtain certification (training provided by agency)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass DHS Background Check
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience providing integrated dual-diagnosis treatment (IDDT) services.
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Computer competency required
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com. Or:
Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About us: Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply "Keep going." Each year, Tubman offers safety, healing and hope to over 30,000 people of all ages who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience, and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community, Tubman provides countless ways to help.