Join our Tubman team
Shelter Operations Assistant
Tubman is seeking a full time Shelter Operations Assistant to ensure program effectiveness by completing operational tasks that support the shelter program. The Shelter Operations Assistant will provide a welcoming, accessible environment to people we serve.
This position is based in our Maplewood shelter, and is primarily Monday through Friday 11am-7:30pm, with occasional flexibility to support program activities and client schedules.
- Serves lunch and dinner and maintain necessary counts.
- Organizes and puts away shelter supplies and donations and complete inventory counts.
- Cleans and organizes community spaces and kitchen, including taking out trash and doing laundry.
- Conducts safety drills.
- Prepares shelter rooms for new clients.
- Acts as liaison between facilities and housekeeping team and shelter team and work in collaboration with facilities team to provide client support during maintenance and repair activities.
- Participates in client data collection and compliance requirements.
- Disposes of client belongings as appropriate
- Leads group and individual volunteers and interns to support operations functions.
- Coordinates with and communicates to advocacy staff and management in regards to shelter operations needs.
- Assist with managing building/staff keys and other security functions
- Prepare shelter for tours, site visits, and inspections.
- Create and post necessary signs for clients at the direction of operations manager or advocate staff.
- Supports advocate staff as needed in operational and building tasks.
- Two year degree in related field or equivalent lived or work experience.
- 1 year operations or similar experience.
- Pass a DHS fingerprint criminal background study as required by program licensing.
- Knowledge of domestic violence issues and systems.
- Ability to welcome and engage a diverse group of stakeholders with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to work independently, organize workload, and set priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Set and uphold professional boundaries.
- Ability to uphold and implement agency Values throughout service delivery.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications and is accompanied by a quality benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
Reports to: Shelter Operations Manager
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109.
Preference will be given to resumes received by March 27, 2020
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About us: Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply "Keep going." Each year Tubman provides safety, hope, and healing to over 25,000 people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience, and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community, Tubman provides countless ways to help. To learn more, please visit www.tubman.org.