Join our Tubman team
Temporary Law Clerk
Tubman is seeking a full time, temporary Law Clerk to provide administrative and program support for our Self Represented Legal Clinics, Pro Bono Family Law cases and Family Law Clinics. This is a three month position, with the possibility of extension.
Other responsibilities include assisting staff attorneys with assigned tasks, completing client intake screenings, scheduling of law clinics and contributing to the legal services program outcomes and the mission of the agency. If candidate is eligible, this position would support student attorney certification and student practice under the supervision of a licensed Tubman attorney.
Benefits are not available for the temporary position.
- Graduation from an accredited law school and possession of a Juris Doctorate (spring 2019 graduates are encouraged to apply).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with a diverse group of people, including attorneys and clients.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer proficiency.
- Experience or coursework related to family law and/or providing legal assistance to underserved populations.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Experience working in collaboration with various social and community services.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in more than one language.
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com. or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.