Join our Tubman team
Why work for Tubman?
Tubman’s vision represents the future we want for our clients and the wider community: thriving people, healthy relationships, and peaceful communities. Our mission is to advance opportunities for change so that every person can experience safety, hope, and healing. These key strategic directions guide our work:
- Provide streamlined access to exceptional, relevant services
- Engage the community to take action
- Invigorate organizational culture to sustain innovation, engagement, wellbeing, and diversity
- Strengthen the agency’s infrastructure in order to better serve
Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply "Keep going." Each year, Tubman offers safety, healing and hope to nearly 25,000 people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience, and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community, Tubman provides countless ways to help.
Tubman offers a mission centered culture that values integrity, respect, innovation, partnership, and social justice. Our programs are strength-based, client-centered, and rooted in hope. Our work environment focuses on flexibility, self-care, and work-life balance for all employees.
Tubman’s Commitment to Diversity and Equity
Tubman is an affirming workplace that values people’s identities and multiple dimensions of diversity. We are fiercely committed to equity and inclusion. Tubman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to hire a diverse workforce that reflects the people we serve. Tubman believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion amongst our staff are vital to both Tubman’s and our clients’ success. We strive to hire, develop, and retain the best people from a diverse pool of candidates. Black, Indigenous, and people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all gender identities, people with disabilities, and veterans are all encouraged to apply.
- Provide education and facilitation of violence prevention curriculum in the community
- Foster youth leadership and healthy relationships through coordinated service delivery methods
- Develop community connections and network through written, verbal, and electronic communication
- Uphold professional boundaries and client-centered approach
- Manage effective and efficient data practices
- Engage in full scale marketing to promote awareness to target audience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Experience and knowledge with crisis responses, relationship violence, group facilitation, and research methods.
- Two years direct service experience related to relationship/community violence and curriculum development.
- Ability to engage individuals in activities that encourage violence prevention.
- Understanding of teamwork and the ability to apply teamwork with the agency.
- Experience in delivering healthy relationship curricula and exceptional public speaking abilities.
Leads Volunteers, interns.
Reports to: Youth Education Manager
Compensation & Benefits
The starting hourly rate for this position is $18.50, dependent upon experience and qualifications. Tubman provides a quality benefits package that includes a highly competitive paid-time off program, multiple health plan options, employer paid dental, short and long-term disability and life insurances, as well as other optional health and wellness insurances to meet diverse employee needs, and a 401(k) plan. Tubman is a qualified employer under the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program. In addition, you will have multiple professional development and personal growth opportunities while at Tubman.
Preference given to applications received by Friday, November 5th.
Send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109.