Throughout February, a multitude of people and organizations are coming together to emphasize the importance of preventing the cycle of abuse as well as teaching youth about healthy relationships and dating violence. The theme for this year is Talk About It, highlighting the need for youth and those around them to have purposeful conversations surrounding healthy relationships, abusive relationships, and understanding what those relationships look like.
Teen dating violence is something that, unfortunately, happens a lot, as the statistic is 1 in every 3 teens experience physical, emotional, and/or sexual abuse before they are an adult. Oftentimes teens feel like they have no one to turn to when experiencing these situations. Minnesota has many resources specifically for teen dating violence where teens can get the assistance they need in violent relationships.
- Teen Dating Violence Hotline/1.866.331.9474
- DayOne Crisis Hotline/866.223.1111/Minnesota’s statewide hotline for people experiencing violence (24/7/365)
- OutFront Minnesota/800.800.0350/LGBTQ+ Anti-Violence Crisis Line
- Esperanza United/651.772.1611/Bilingual (Español)/Domestic Violence Helpline
- StongHearts Native Helpline/844.762.8483/Native American Domestic Violence Helpline
- ThinkSelf – Deaf Advocacy Service/Videophone: 651.829.9089/Text Hotline: 612.399.9995