Empathy is something we can all practice and grow in. Take a look at some of these reminders and ideas our intern put together to help you in your own journey with practicing empathy:
- Start empathizing by recognizing emotions in other people.
- Empathy is feeling WITH people – and can feel like a sacred place.
- Practice having conversations when something feels wrong.
- Praise empathy in others when you see it!
- You can empathize more effectively when you strengthen your own internal resources (like how you recognize and take care of your own emotions).
- Know that you can disagree with someone’s perspective, thoughts, or opinions without having to debate with them about it.
How does empathy show up in your own life?