Apply for a Tubman Internship Stipend Scholarship
As an organization serving in the name of Harriet Tubman, Tubman has long recognized that our work to end violence must also include a focus on equity, intersectionality, and ending the systemic racism that harms and devalues Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
Tubman’s vision calls for “Thriving people, healthy relationships, and peaceful communities.” For this vision to become a reality, we work for systemic change.
In support of this vision, Tubman is excited to be able to offer a limited number of stipend scholarships for BIPOC students.
- Must self-identify as a member of the BIPOC community
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must be an enrolled student in a 2 or 4 year undergraduate program from Jan – May, 2024
- Must be accepted in a position that qualifies as an internship at Tubman
- Must work a minimum of 8 hours per week through the end of May 2024
- Can not be receiving an hourly wage from a program supported by a school or other organization for their work at Tubman
Two levels of stipends
- $1000 for 12-16 hours a week, January through end of May
- $500 for 8-11 hours a week, January through end of May
Stipends are awarded to help defray the incidental costs related to an unpaid internship.
Recipients need to complete a W-9 form prior to receiving the funds.
Application closes – January 14th, 2024 (the day after the Saturday training)
Applicants will be notified of their status by early February