Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect the health and wellness of our clients and staff, we are limiting what items we will accept for donations at this time.
"Most Needed Donation Items" can also be found on our Amazon Wishlist.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for thinking of Tubman. We are focused on maintaining high quality, essential services at this time, and want to support our staff and volunteers by focusing on only the most critical items.
If you have questions, please call our business line at 612.825.3333. Thank you for your generosity and your critical support of the people we serve!
Clients often come to us with little more than the clothes on their backs. Please see below for a list of guidelines that will help someone building a new life for themselves and their families.
- Items for donation, except Harriet's Closet donations, should be new and/or unopened; for personal care items such as shampoos and conditioners, full-sized bottles are preferred.
- Please keep in mind we cannot accept certain used items like furniture or used baby equipment, and are unable to pick up or deliver items.
- At this time, we are not accepting children's toys, clothing, or equipment.
For questions on specific donations, please call 612.825.3333.
Harriet's Closest will be open for donations beginning Monday, June 27, 2022.
As we welcome back clients to Harriet's Closet at Tubman Chrysalis Center, we are launching a Summer Clothing Closet Drive to stock up on summer items for clients. Please see the following guidelines for more information on donation days and times, and preferred items:
Clothing suitable for ages 15-35.
Gender-neutral or masculine-presenting clothing appreciated.
Clothing should be clean (free from odors, pet hair, rips/tears, and stains), new or in good/excellent condition, seasonally appropriate, and on-trend (within the last 5 years).
Please bring no more than two parcels (example – boxes, storage totes, or bags) of requested donation items.
Clothing & Accessories
- Graphic tees (no profanity, nudity or company advertising)
- Jean jackets
- Distressed jeans (no home cuts, please)
- NEW underwear: sizes L-XXL
- Tank tops
- Short-sleeved, button-up shirts
Women's sizes 8.5 to 11
Men's sizes 9 to 12
- Casual tennis shoes
- Combat boots/work boots
Due to lack of demand, please do not donate the following items:
- High heels
- Business suits (i.e. three-piece suits, pantsuits, skirt suits)
- Crop tops
- Short-shorts (less than 4" inseam)
Donations are accepted at the following location and times:
Tubman Chrysalis Center
4432 Chicago Ave S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Monday and Wednesday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Harriet Tubman Center East
1725 Monastery Way
Maplewood, MN 55109
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. .
Special arrangements and questions may be made by emailing email@example.com.
Tubman relies on the generosity of area businesses to benefit the agency and our clients while reducing our operating costs.
Please call 612.825.3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in contributing your services, products, or skills!