Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect the health and wellness of our clients and staff, we are limiting what items we will accept for donations at this time.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for thinking of Tubman. We are focused on maintaining high quality, essential services at this time, and want to support our staff and volunteers by focusing on only the most critical items.
We are not accepting any clothing donations for Harriet's Closet at this time.
If you have questions, please call our business line at 612.825.3333.
Donating Goods and Services
Clients often come to us with little more than the clothes on their backs. Please see below for a list of guidlines that will help someone building a new life for themselves and their families.
- Items for donation, except Harriet's Closet donations, should be new and/or unopened; for personal care items such as shampoos and conditioners, full-sized bottles are preferred.
- Please keep in mind we cannot accept certain used items and are unable to pick up or deliver items due to our limited resources.
- Items brought in for donation with more than $500 in total value need to accompanied by an itemized list for tax purposes.
- Tubman does not accept clothing or play equipment for infants and children.
- Due to space constraints, please limit the number of boxes/bags brought in. Items that our clients cannot use will be donated to partner organizations to benefit others in need.
- For Harriet's Closet donations, please make sure they are professional and/or business casual clothing.
For questions on specific donations, please call 612.825.3333.
For a full list, check out our General Wish List guide.
We will provide you a receipt for your charitable giving purposes. The IRS stipulates that donors must estimate the value of their contributions. Please consult your tax advisor with specific questions.
Donations are accepted at the following location and times:
Tubman Center East
1725 Monastery Way
Maplewood, MN 55109
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to noon
Special arrangements and questions may be made by calling 612.825.3333 or emailing email@example.com.
Donation of Professional Services
Tubman relies on the generosity of area businesses to benefit the agency and our clients while reducing our operating costs.
Please call 612.825.3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in contributing your services, products, or skills!