As a nonprofit with a mission of safety, hope, and healing, Tubman's priority during this time of pandemic is the health and safety of our clients, staff, volunteers, and the communities in which we serve. We are in ongoing conversation with community partners about the coronavirus, or COVID-19, and are monitoring recommendations from elected and public health officials.
We are working with staff throughout our agency to prepare for any necessary absences from work, including work-from-home options when available based on job responsibilities, as well as adapting our policies around absences, medical leaves, and paid-time-off donations in order to support our staff if they are personally impacted by COVID-19. Our goal is to support all Tubman staff throughout this situation, prioritizing the health and wellbeing of everyone in our programs.
If programs or services are temporarily suspended or events are cancelled during this COVID-19 pandemic, we will update our website and share notices on our Facebook page. If you have questions about any particular service, you can call our 24-hour-line at 612.825.0000.
Updates as of April 10, 2020:
In response to the extension of the Governor's Executive Order 20-20, the "stay at home" order, Tubman's administrative offices at Tubman West and Tubman East, as well as the Tubman Chrysalis Center, will be closed until further notice.
Our phones will be answered remotely during this time. If you are in need of services, you can call our 24-hour resource line at 612.825.0000. If you have a question about a donation or business matter, you can call our main administrative line at 612.825.3333.
Essential services that remain open on-site include:
- Tubman's 24-hour resource line;
- Our family violence shelter;
- Housing for youth victims of violence and exploitation;
- and emergency legal services, including Orders for Protection.
Please call our 24-hour resource line at 612.825.0000 to connect with these services.
The following Tubman services are continuing to be available, but held remotely as much as possible:
- Individual mental and chemical health sessions will continue through telehealth options. If you are a client, contact your individual provider with questions about rescheduling appointments to a telehealth option. If you are a new client, please contact our Intake Department at 612.870.2426.
- Legal services, including writing Orders for Protection, are continuing, and are being done remotely as much as possible and using electronic signatures on forms when possible. Our staff continues to work with the court system on hearings.
- Hennepin County Family Violence Waivers for MFIP are being done remotely, and Jobs, Education, and Finance (JEF) assistance is being done remotely.
- Voices in Prevention (VIP) is working with teachers to adapt their curriculum for distance learning while schools are closed, and providing direct services to youth remotely.
- The Movement for Violence Prevention (MVP) youth leadership program is converting to remote options.
- Inspiring Youth, Tubman's closed-referral program in Minneapolis, is continuing remotely when possible.
- Pieces of Peace drop-in support group and Kids in Transition (KIT) support group are converting to remote options.
Currently, the following Tubman services are paused until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will update this page as any further programming changes are made.
- The NorthStar Youth Outreach Center at Maplewood Mall is closed until further notice.
- Group services for mental health and substance use disorder treatment are suspended until further notice. We will update this notice if suspension must be continued beyond that date. If you are a client in one of these groups, please contact your individual provider or group facilitator with any questions or concerns.
- Harriet's Closet, our community clothing closet with locations at Tubman East and Tubman West, is closed.
- The Relationship Violence Intervention Program (RVIP) group for people who have used violence that meets at the St. Paul Public Library is paused until further notice, as the site is closed.
- Our childcare services during regular programming for the community are not currently being offered.
The following changes regarding in-kind donations are now in effect until further notice:
We are limiting what items we will accept for donations at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for thinking of Tubman. We are focused on maintaining high quality, essential services at this time, and want to support our staff and volunteers by focusing on only the most critical items.
We are not accepting any clothing donations for Harriet's Closet at this time.